El Rancho

Fabulous 50's home is rescued by overly opinionated guy with too much free time and a gay man's flare for design. Woo hoo!! Grab a pinata and a stick - sounds like a party!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

In the last week I have painted a cabinet and that's it.

No, really, it's true. I have just been busy with my new job and what not. Plus, now that I am semi-healthy again, I have resumed running. Couple those with the fact that it has gotten disgustingly warm and I was beginning to suffer from a bit o' burnout and you have a general lack of productivity.

My only real accomplishment this week was taking an old cabinet of Double E's that will soon house my vinyl and receiver (while my record player sits on top), which I had primered months ago, and painting it inside and out. The interior is bright white, while the exterior is a light teal color ... actually, this paint was what I was originally going to use in the bathroom. Anyway, I think it's gonna look good against the garnett color of the den/pool room/lounge area. I also bought some large, white knobs for it ... see for yourself:

it actually looks light blueish in the photo ... but trust me, it's teal when you're nose to nose with it (<-- that's figurative speech ... cabinets don't really have noses). i wanted to take some interior photos but the batteries died and needed a recharge, so this is all you get. i did some touchups to the inside tonight and will touch up the outside tomorrow night, then bring it inside and hook the hi-fi system up within it.











I have a lot I want to accomplish this weekend before my parents get here. I would like to paint as much, if not all, of the interior trim as I can possibly get done. I would also like to finish the exterior trim (since I am using their extension ladder and it would be nice to return, not to mention just wrapping everything up on the exterior). My tentative to do list beyond that would be to repaint the deck and top rail around the deck a deep brown, finish painting the concrete on the backside (and possibly switching this to a matching deep brown from the tan it is now - we'll see), and digging the foundation for the soon-to-be brick path that will run from the garage to the deck/back of the house. I think if i can just get it skimmed, I may volunteer my dad to help me level it, put down a weed barrier and lay the brick when he gets here. oh, and dad, if you're reading this ... surprise! there is manual labor in your near future - happy vacation! and don't worry mom, i've got some special projects lined up for you, too.fun for the whole family ... you may thank me later. i am actually hoping to have everything on the exterior (paint and landscape and electrical) wrapped up by july 4th, since i will have the benefit of a four day weekend due to the determination of our forefathers. thanks, dudes ... you thought you were creating liberty and democracy for oppressed europeans ... turns out you were just paving the way for future generations of sloathenly americans to drink beer and blow shit up real good. at any rate, i appreciate the vacation time.

ok, one more "get up day" as the saying goes ... nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home