El Rancho

Fabulous 50's home is rescued by overly opinionated guy with too much free time and a gay man's flare for design. Woo hoo!! Grab a pinata and a stick - sounds like a party!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

In honor of the World Cup ...



... I am drinking the beer of soccer hooligans worldwide while bringing you this update.















Anyway, the updates have been scarce because I have just started a new job (which I am very elated about) and have been adjusting to my new schedule as well as getting over all of my recent maladies ... not too mention money had gotten tight since my retirement from my previous career so I haven't been able to purchase some of the things I need to move ahead (mainly landscaping items). I've also resumed my normal hobbies which took a backseat while I did the bulk of the remodel stuff ... played guitar last night (can't wait to get the backroom finished so i can set-up all of my recording equipment/studio) and tonight I ran a bit. Crazy to think that I probably could have run a marathon in December and tonight I got tired after about a block.

Anyway, finished up the hallway and bathroom over the weekend.

the grey is actually a little bit darker than the picture would indicate ... if you look closely you can see that the paint is on the trim ... i have yet to paint much of the trim since it has oil-based paint on it ... this means it HAS to be primered first and then painted over. anyway, my experience has taught me that it is easier to paint the walls then the trim because tape is less likely to pull paint off the wall ... and i know this is somewhat opposite of conventional wisdom, but for whatever reason it works for me (and quicly i might add!) ... besides, i have seen the work of "professional" painters and i would gladly match my work up against what those dudes do any day.my point was, i will need to paint over this trim, so i didnt even bother taping it ...





this be the bathroom. looks really good ... needs some touch-ups ... that tape had been on there for almost two months (and bits and piece pulled up when the tape came off) ... but replastering it and sanding it turned out unbelievably well if you had first seen it after i stripped the wallpaper off ... my brutha stopped by and couldnt believe how good it turned out. i still need to paint all of the trim and cabinets ... and ... ugh ... the fuckin ceiling. but i won't do that until after i install a fan in there. also, i have decided it's gonna have a cowboy theme ... maybe ... we'll see ... i have some ideas floating around.








that's about it ... other than mentioning that i decided the music room is going to be very gothic looking to contrast the rest of the house (especially the flowery exterior) ... i have it all mapped out in my head ... just hoping to get the ideas down and work out the logistics of it in the next few weeks. should be cool ...

alright, time to go cheer for the dallas mavericks and drink my carlsberg ... nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home